The Sunshine Blogger Award
Wouldn’t you know it? I got nominated for another one of these meme blog things, and this time it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award, the award for those who use their blog to positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. Thanks to my friend Matt Williams (http://storiesbywilliams.com/2013/01/08/sunshine-blogger-award/) for the nomination; it means so much to me.
So as part of getting nominated for this award, I have to answer some questions. Here they are:
1. What is your passion: Oh, that’s an easy one. Writing stuff that scares people. If I get people scared from something I created, I consider it an accomplishment. In fact, this past Thanksgiving my grandmother told me she’d become very scared reading a science fiction short story I’d written. I was high on that for about three hours afterwards.
2. Favorite time of year: Summer. I’ll take sunscreen and sweat any day over freezing winds and snow. Besides, some of my best memories are associated with the summer.
3. Favorite book: That’s a tough one. I read so much I hardly have time to settle on one. I guess Alice in Wonderland, an influential storybook that hides underneath its whimsical nature a dark world of hallucinations, violence, and possible sexual deviancy on the part of Lewis Carrol. Besides, so many books and mangas I like are based on Alice, it’s hard not to like it.
4. Favorite movie: Another tough one. I’m going to have to say Schindler’s List, not only because it’s such an amazing film, but it inspired the book series I plan to write someday that’ll be my personal magnum opus.
5. Favorite animal: I love all animals, but I’m especially a cat person. I’ve grown up with cats and I feel most comfortable with them. My favorite type of cat is a tiger; I know they want to eat my face off, but I can’t help but want to hug them.
6. Favorite time of day: Late afternoon, early evening. Things are winding down, you can enjoy a good meal with friends and family, and afterwards you can watch the latest episode of your favorite crime or drama series.
7. Favorite flower: Roses. They’re romantic and filled with secret meanings.
8. Favorite nonalcoholic beverage: Diet Dr. Pepper, and I can’t drink yet.
9. Favorite physical activity: A nice relaxing walk on a warm day. Makes winter especially difficult.
10. Favorite vacation: When was the last time I went on vacation? I can’t remember, it was so long ago! But if I could go anywhere for my vacation, I’d probably visit either Germany, Japan, or Israel. Germany because I’m interested in the European theater of WWII, Japan because I’m a huge fan of the culture and of manga/anime, and Israel because I’m an Israel-loving, Zionistic Jew who feels connected to my roots.
Well, I’ve answered all these questions. Time for the nominations:
You! Yes, I’m nominating you, dear reader. Every time someone reads, comments, and/or likes something on my blog, it brings a bit of happiness to my day. So you are the nominee. Congratulations, and have a most wonderful day!